We Have Been Putting Our Clients First Since 1962

Compassionate Workers’ Compensation Advocacy When You Are Hurt

When you have been injured at work, you need to be aware of the rights that you possess under the law. At Conway, Londregan, Sheehan & Monaco, P.C., we have a team of experienced Workers’ Compensation attorneys who will fight to ensure you receive the medical treatment you are entitled to, obtain your correct wage benefits such as known as temporary partial and temporary total disability benefits. You may be entitled to more than just a portion of your wages while you are out of work. We work hard to secure the proper medical treatment for our clients and payments for permanent injuries.

It is important to work with a lawyer from the early stages of your case so that they can effectively manage the case from inception through settlement. Our workers’ compensation attorneys will work tirelessly to make sure that your employer does not discriminate against you because you filed a workers’ compensation claim. Such discrimination is against the law.

Our Office Can Represent State Employees For Their Workplace Accidents

Unlike general workers, public employees in Connecticut are treated slightly differently than regular employees who apply for workers’ compensation. Whereas most employees are only able to qualify for 75% of their base pay in benefits when they file a compensation claim, many categories of state employees may qualify for additional benefits that can equate to their normal level of pay and benefits. Our office can help you file your claim with your employer, and we can represent you in court if your claim for benefits is unfairly denied. Our office has decades of experience helping injured clients in Connecticut get fair compensation for the harm that they have suffered, and we can help you too.

Injured Longshoremen Can Come To Us For Help

Longshoremen are workers that perform their jobs on the navigable waters of the United States, or in adjoining areas customarily used in the loading, unloading, repairing, or building of a vessel, which includes employees at Electric Boat facilities in Groton that are working on constructing submarines. These workers are not covered by state workers’ compensation programs, but rather by the federal Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA).  Should workers in shipyards become injured the LHWCA provides for their medical coverage, benefits while out of work, benefits for reduction in earing capacity, and vocational rehabilitation. Many people struggle with understanding how to get compensation through this act because of its federal nature. Also, the agency charged with administering the program, the Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs, only has a select number of office locations in large maritime cities such as Boston. Finally, employers such as Electric Boat can work to block benefits that employees at Electric Boat in the Groton shipyard are entitled to under the LHWCA. Our attorneys can help you navigate your injury claim under this program and get the assistance you need to recover both financially and physically.

Come Speak With Us If You Have Been Hurt

If you have been injured at work, call us at 860-868-4952 for a free consultation, or reach out online. We will advise you of your rights, fight for what you deserve, and keep you informed through every step of the process.