Michael W. Sheehan
- Commercial Transactions
- Residential Financing
- Commercial Workout
- Collection Litigation
- Environmental Issues Related to Real Estate
- Foreclosures and Collections
Attorney Michael W. Sheehan has been a member of the Connecticut Bar since 1989. Attorney Sheehan regularly represents numerous lending institutions, businesses and individuals in areas ranging from multi-million dollar commercial transactions to residential financing, foreclosures, commercial workouts, bankruptcy, and collection litigation matters. Attorney Sheehan was selected to be one of only nine Connecticut attorneys serving on the Connecticut Standards of Title Committee for the Connecticut Bar Association. This prestigious committee is charged with promulgating the real estate title standards used by the Connecticut Bar and the courts.
Attorney Sheehan represented the lead construction lender in financing a $25 Million hotel conference center as well as the participation of said loan; the $30 Million construction to permanent financing of a 300 unit apartment complex; the $28 Million financing of the environmental remediation and construction of a mixed use condominium, marina and single family home development. He has also represented lenders and developers in the financing and re-financing of many other condominium developments, apartment buildings, hotels, and office and retail projects. In conjunction with these matters, he has experience in dealing with environmental issues related to real estate.
Attorney Sheehan also has extensive courtroom experience and has litigated thousands of cases ranging from the workout and foreclosure of multi-million dollar mortgage loans, to basic residential foreclosures and collection of unsecured debts. He has also represented clients in numerous bankruptcy matters including two rare Chapter 12 filings, and the recovery of lottery winnings for victims of a Ponzi scheme. He also regularly represents the firm's municipal clients in financing, tax foreclosures and real estate litigation.
In addition to his bachelors and law degrees, Attorney Sheehan holds an MBA degree and has experience in working for Connecticut's largest commercial lender prior to becoming an attorney. He is currently an instructor for and counsel to the Center for Financial Training.
- Connecticut, 1989
- United States Supreme Court, 2018
Classes & Seminars
- Instructor, Center for Financial Training
- Board of Directors, New London Rotary Club 2002-Present
- Friends of Oswegatchie Hills Nature Preserve Board of Directors – 2018 - Present
- Black Hall Club, Board of Directors, 2013 – Present
- East Lyme Little League Coach, 1996 – 2001
- East Lyme Youth Basketball Coach, 1996 - 2005
- Children’s Museum of Southeastern Connecticut, Board of Directors, 2000 - 2005
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, 1989 to Present
- Connecticut Bar Association, Standards of Title Committee
- Center for Financial Training, Counsel
- New London County Bar Association, 1989 to Present